7.30.2010

my day

So, today is my day. My birthday!!! It started off wonderfully... with a phone call from my wonderful mother-in-law and then I headed to work. At work today we had a "celebration" for my birthday and our head Sr. tech's birthday (which is Monday). It was a finger food theme. Some seriously yummy food here, people!!




My bff, Christie, decorated my desk with streamers and balloons and confetti!! So very festive!!




She then of course took birthday pictures with me.




I was given a card from our department and a gift from my family (not blood but still family). I was given a multi-pack of make-up bags and make-up brushes. I was thrilled!!! Also they gave me a card that is just adorable and it sings the song "Thank you for being a friend". You remember... the song from the Golden Girls... Ah, I love that show to this day!!





I was brought flowers by the woman who holds it all together here at the office. She is wonderful by the way! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law sent me a basket of beautiful flowers and my hubby and son sent me a HUGE arrangement of amazingly beautiful roses and daisies!! Daisies are my absolute favorite flower and mixed with the deep red roses... ah, it's just breathtaking!!




Then a bit of light shopping during my lunch hour. While out and about, my mother-in-law brought my son to find me!! He brought me a cake with buttercream frosting (my FAV!!!) and a sweet card with balloons and a gift from him. It was a very pretty necklace/bracelet set. He is such a good, sweet and thoughtful kiddo. I love him!!! Once back at work and about to head to a looong 2 hour meeting, I got a text from the hubby saying that it was puppy time. Let me fill you in... our sweet little baby girl, Missy, is pregnant. We knew it was almost time and yes, on my birthday she is having her puppies!!! Only one has been born so far and I am so excited!! It's been a wonderful day so far and it's only half over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment