8.06.2010

numero dos!

On day two, we started off by going to the Titanic museum. This museum was amazing and had real artifacts from the Titanic. We got to touch an iceberg and feel how cold the water was on the night that the ship sank. It was really neat to see all of the things but also very heartbreaking. So many people lost their lives and it was such a tragedy. I cannot begin to tell you all the things we saw in the museum... everything from breakfast, lunch and dinner menus to the way the fist, second and third class cabins looked. Letters, quotes, jewelry... you cannot imagine!!

Here is the best whole pic I got of the museum. The museum was a huge "boat"!

Yes, that is a sign that says "no cameras"!! I was so bummed but they said that copyright laws would not allow them. :( Boo
After we left the museum we ate lunch at Montana Mikes Steakhouse. It was a wonderful meal for a really great price!!

Then we were off to the death trap... I mean the helicopter ride...
I was nervous about riding for the first time but I did rather well!! Don't ask hubby about this, he has an imitation of me riding the chopper. He's so far off!!!

Here is the aforementioned "death trap"

The hubby with his headset on.
Tyler with his headset on... how cute is he?!?!
What a view!! If for nothing else, I'm glad I rode just for this!

So after surviving the ride, whew!... we were off to "Legends, in concert". It was a great show with impersonators. Little Richard, Alan Jackson, The Blues Brothers, Brittany Spears????, and Elvis. I'm still not sure how Brittany Spears is considered a legend but anywho... We had a great time!!

"Little Richard" ... this guy was great!!!
"Little Richard" came into the audience and Tyler was lucky enough to be sitting on the aisle seat. Of course his slushee was grabbed up and talked about. He was very embarrassed but we loved it!!!

Here is "Alan Jackson". He did a wonderful job!! Looked and sounded just like him!
You'll have to pardon the quality of the pictures. I had only had my camera for 2 days and hadn't figured out much as far as the settings go.

The "Blues Brothers"
These guys were not still long enough for me to get a shot that was not totally blurry. Still figuring out settings at this point.

I took one pic of "Brittany"...
"Elvis"... this guy was great!!! He had amazing energy and was a real crowd pleaser!!

After the concert/show we were off to the "Ducks"!!! If you don't know about the ducks, they are land to water vehicles. They were actually used in combat. They are really cool and I had never been on one. Would you believe that I didn't get a single shot of a duck??? I did manage to get the following and in addition I got some great views!!

My guys and their "quackers"

After splashing into Tablerock Lake... Poor bub got all wet!!
The driver let the kiddos take turns "driving" while on the lake. (She had to kiss Tyler)
The view was great... these pics do not do it justice!

After the ducks we went back to the lodge and went for a dip in the pool and then ordered pizza. After relaxing a bit we headed out to play putt-putt. All in all it was a great day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. WHEW. I'm tired just reading that. I think we take things a little more relaxed. LOL. YOu will too when you have five kids...LOL.

    The helicopter ride sounds really fun.

    We went to the acrobats of china and that was it. Jeff tried to get tickets to a show I would like, the Three Irish Tenors, or something like that, but couldnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That museum sounds awesome! Where did you go on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - YES!! We were exhausted and still had 3 more days of go go go!!!

    Sarah - We went to Branson. =) Had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete